Port of Civitavecchia: guide for Cruise PassengersA cruise to Civitavecchia? Connections to the main destinations in Rome, Tarquinia, airports, stations, subway and bus in a useful downloadable guide
Have you bought your ticket for the cruise that will take you to the Port of Civitavecchia and now you are wondering how to get around, hot to reach Rome and the main monuments? Here you are the Guide for Cruise Passengers of the Port of Civitavecchia!
Destinations, connections and useful tips in an only brochure – designed, created and produced by Port Mobility – freely distributed at the Information Point of Largo della Pace.
We have made a paper brochure, available in Italian, English and Spanish, to provide all tourists arriving at the port with useful advice, since they often feel disoriented and stressed for having little time available. Port Mobility is at the service of cruise passengers and visitors of the Port of Civitavecchia"
Special delegate for institutional relations of Port Mobility
The guide also includes the map of the Port of Civitavecchia with all useful information to visit the port and orient yourself among all accesses (both for pedestrians and vehicles), shuttle buses, parking facilities, information points and the indication of the main monuments of the Historic Port.
GUIDE FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS: HOW TO GET TO...
How do I get to Rome from the Port of Civitavecchia? How do I get to the Civitavecchia Train Station? And how long will it take? Where can I go in Rome if I have few hours avalable? What can I visit in Civitavecchia and surroundings?
We have recaped in this info-graphic all the questions that you ask at our Information points:
Once you arrive at the Service Center of Largo della Pace by shuttle bus you can:
- GO TO ROME reaching Civitavecchia Station on foot in 20 minutes or by CSP bus (Civitavecchia Servizi Pubblici) in 6 minutes. The main stops are San Pietro Station (Saint Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museums and Castel Sant’Angelo), Trastevere Station (Trastevere Neighbourhood, Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona and Pantheon), Ostiense Station (Pyramid, Colosseum, Imperial Fora) and Termini Station (central gateway to go to Piazza di Spagna, Trevi Fountain and Basilica of Saint John in the Lateran). In addition to metro lines A and B we recommend using bus 64 and tramway 8 that allow to reach easily monuments and historic piazzas of Rome like Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Campo de Fiori and Piazza Venezia.
- GO TO TARQUINIA reaching Piazza Vittorio Emanuele on foot in 10 minutes or by CSP bus in 3 minutes. From there you can take a Cotral bus that in 25 minutes will take you to Tarquinia.
- DISCOVER THE THERMAL BATHS getting a CSP bus that leaves from Piazza Vittorio Emanuele.
- GET TO FIUMICINO AIRPORT taking train line LF1 running daily from Roma Trastevere Station.
- VISIT CIVITAVECCHIA walking about the old town, the market, the marina and admiring the monuments in the city and the port.
GUIDE FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO...
Here we want to give answer to a question that often worries cruise passengers: if I visit this city or this monument will I be in time to go back to the Port of Civitavecchia before my cruise leaves? Well, next to the info- graphic “How to get to” we have written the short guide “How long does it take to get to” with times and transports to use in order to get to the main points of interest in Rome:
So, leaving from Civitavecchia Train Station you can get to
- COLOSSEUM AND IMPERIAL FORA in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Get off at Roma Ostiense Station, go on foot to metro B line stop “Piramide” and get off at stop “Colosseo”.
- ST. PETER'S BASILICA AND THE VATICAN in 1 hour and 5 minutes. Get off at Roma San Pietro Station and walk 15/20 minutes to St. Peter's Basilica.
- PIAZZA DI SPAGNA AND TREVI FOUNTAIN in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Get off at Roma Termini Station and take metro A line and get off at stop “Spagna”.
- PANTHEON AND PIAZZA NAVONA in 1 hour and 25 minutes. Get off at Roma San Pietro Station, take bus 64 for 12 stops and get off at Largo Argentina, from there, walk 5 minutes to the Pantheon.
GUIDE FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS: MAP OF THE PORT OF CIVITAVECCHIA
Complete map with all news and useful information to orient yoursefl and get around easily within the port of Civitavecchia, but also to discover it and visit its main monuments.
In the map are highlighted and you can see:
- The 3 pedestrian entrances: Varco Fortezza, Porta Livorno and Varco Vespucci,
- Shuttle bus routes and runs from the cruise terminal Rct to the Service Center Largo della Pace,
- The only vehicle entrance (Varco Vespucci),
- 2 of the parking facilities in the Port (Bramante and Cruise),
- The 3 Information points of Largo della Pace, Varco Vespucci and Terminal T1 Autostrade del Mare,
- 8 bars and restaurants inside the port,
- Main monuments of the Historic Port (Fort Michelangelo, Vanvitelli Fountain, Porta Livorno, Old Rock, Darsena Romana, Molo del Lazzaretto).
With this brochure Port Mobility means to provide with an extra service to the over 4 million tourists and visitors that every year pass through the Port of Civitavecchia.
Enjoy the sailing!
PORT OF CIVITAVECCHIA: GUIDE FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS
Easy, useful and free