Port of Civitavecchia: FAQsA practical guide of the main questions of passengers of the Port of Civitavecchia: getting around, connections, stations, points of interest and much more
In this page you will find useful information about the Port of Civitavecchia and all the answers to the most FAQs we receive daily. We hope this page will help you!
- How can I get to the Port of Civitavecchia from the station?
- And the other way round... from the Port of Civitavecchia to the station?
- How do I get around inside the Port of Civitavecchia?
- I have arrived to Civitavecchia and would like to stay in the city: what can I visit?
- What is and where is Largo della Pace?
- Which are the useful numbers for passengers?
- I will arrive at the Port of Civitavecchia: where can I leave my luggage?
- Where can I park inside the port?
- Where are the information points?
- How much does the ticket from Civitavecchia to Rome cost? What is the timetable?
- I will arrive at Civitavecchia on a cruise and I want to visit Rome but I don't have much time: what can I do?
- How long does it take to get to...?
- How can I get to the Port of Civitavecchia from the airport of Roma Fiumicino?
- How can I get to the Port of Civitavecchia from the airport of Roma Ciampino?
From Civitavecchia Train Station you can take a CSP (Civitavecchia Servizi Pubblici) bus running every 20 minutes and connecting the station with Largo della Pace. Tickets are 2€ (luggage included) and you can buy them on board, at the newsstand and at the bar of the station.
From Largo della Pace you can take a free shuttle bus that runs every 20 minutes and takes you straight to the piers of the port and other points of interest.
Otherwise, from the station you can go on foot to the pedestrian entrance of Varco Fortezza (about 600 meters), flanking Fort Michelangelo and go the the end-of-line stop "Molo del Bicchiere". From there you can take a free shuttle bus that will take you to the piers or back to Largo della Pace. Click here for further information.
If you are on a ship and you want to get to Civitavecchia Train Station, you can go by bus, on foot or using a private transfer (taxi, hire with driver services).
By bus, you can get on a free shuttle connecting the piers with Largo della Pace and then wait for a CSP (Civitavecchia Servizi Pubblici) bus or PortLink bus, that will take you to the station in about 15 minutes for €2 per passenger.
On foot, you have 2 options:
1. you can get on a free shuttle, but instead of arriving at Largo della Pace, you stop at "Bramante". The stop is a few ateps away from the Fort Michelangelo and really close to the pedestrian exit "Varco Fortezza". From there, walking for about 600 meters along Viale Garibaldi you will arrive at the station.
2. you can get to Largo della Pace with the free shuttle and then go on foot to the station, but it will take a bit longer: this is the best option if you are not in a hurry and you wish to go shopping in the city.
Please Note: the stop Bramante (option 1) works only from 11.30 am to 2.30 pm.
You can easily get around the port using the free shuttles of Port Mobility, running every 20 minutes and connecting every point of interest of the port.
There are many points of interest in Civitavecchia and surroundings. Here are some recommendations:
- Historic Port of Civitavecchia
- The Marina and the Pirgo of Civitavecchia
- Civitavecchia Cathedral
- Ficoncella Thermal Baths (Civitavecchia)
- Archeological Site of the Taurine Baths (Civitavecchia)
- Piazza Leandra and Civitavecchia old town
- Castle of Santa Severa
- Museum and Necropolis of Tarquinia
- Capalbio and surroundings
- Vulci Archaeological Park and Montalto di Castro
The area called Largo della Pace, main hub and information point of the Port of Civitavecchia is close to the port entrance of Varco Vespucci: point of boarding and disembarkation of cruise passengers.
From Largo della Pace infatti, in addition to getting on a shuttle bus to reach the piers of the port, you can also get on a CSP (Civitavecchia Servizi Pubblici) bus that will take you to the train station, get on a SIT (Società Italiana Trasporti) Shuttle Bus that will take you to Roma S. Pietro and Roma Termini, get on foot to the stop in Piazza Vittorio Emanuele and get on a Cotral bus (to Tarquinia) and finally contact many Tour Operators, Taxis and car hire services, where you can buy tourist packages and other services.
Unfortunately, there is not an official esiste un deposito bagagli ufficiale del Porto di Civitavecchia. However, there are many luggage storages in key places. To learn more, please read this page.
There are three parking facilities inside the Port of Civitavecchia: Bramante, Cruise and Nord.
The three surveilled parking facilities are connected with the shuttle bus service that allows you to get easily and without wasting your time to the boarding pier.
To learn more and to book your parking space, click here.
Inside the Port of Civitavecchia, our qualified staff provides accurate information about boarding and disembarking of cruise ships and ferries.
The service is available at the 3 Tourist Information Points located in the main areas of interest: Largo della Pace, Varco Vespucci, Terminal Autostrade del Mare.
Trains from/to Rome run every 30 minutes from the Station of Civitavecchia. You can buy the BIRG (€12 return ticket) which includes public transportation (bus, metro, tram), the kilometric ticket (€4.60 one way, public transportation not included) or the new Civitavecchia express service (€15 return ticket) including CSP city bus to the station.
For timetables, prices and further information, please refer to the site of Trenitalia.
If you are short on time and wish to visit Rome, we recommend you this 3 itineraries, if you have 6/8 spare hours at max:
For further information and further details, please click here.
You can go from the airport of Roma Ciampino to the station of Civitavecchia with 2 exchanges:
From Rome Ciampino airport you can get to Civitavecchia station changing trains twice:
First, get on the Shuttle Bus ATRAL that connects the airport with the station in about 5 minutes, once at Ciampino train station, get on a train to Roma Termini, then from there get on the first regional train, Intercity train or Freccia Bianca to Civitavecchia.
For further information and further details, please click here.