Let's light up the Fort Michelangelo: an iniciative to raise awareness of important issuesLet's light up the Fort Michelangelo: the Lions Club Civitavecchia initiative that aims to raise awareness on important issues, find out the dates!
Starting next September 21 (2023), a beautiful initiative called "Prevention and Social: let's light up Fort Michelangelo" will begin.
Organized by the Lions Club Civitavecchia Porto Traiano with the support and authorization of the Lazio Maritime Directorate, this series of events will give us the opportunity to see the Fort Michelangelo in a new light (literally!) and at the same time to reflect on important issues.
The aim is to raise awareness of issues such as health prevention and environmental protection. It is also proposed to recall some national holidays and symbols through the artistic illumination of the exterior of the monument, which will be carried out at night by the staff of the Port Authority of Civitavecchia.
Artistic illumination at the Fort Michelangelo: all the dates
Here is when and how (in which color) it will be possible to see artistic illuminations at the Fort Michelangelo:
- September 21, 2023: "International Day of Peace" - artistic illumination in white;
- October 1st and 31, 2023: "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" - artistic illumination in pink;
- November 4, 2023: "National Unity and Armed Forces Day" - green, white and red illumination;
- November 25, 2023: "International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women" - red;
- January 1st, 2024: "World Day of Peace" - white;
- January 7, 2024: "Tricolor Day" - green, white and red;
- March 8, 2024: "International Women's Day" - purple;
- April 2, 2024: "World Autism Awareness Day" - blue;
- April 22, 2024: "Earth Day" - green;
- June 2nd, 2024: "Republic Day" - green, white and red;
- June 5, 2024: "World Environment Day" - green;
- June 8, 2024: "World Oceans Day" - blue.
So save this page and... don't forget to bring your camera or smartphone!