Second edition of the Sea Boot CampThe Lazio Regione via Lazio Innova presents the second edition of the Sea Boot Camp, public call for innovative startups and SME's in the area of the Economy of the Sea
After last year's great success (read the news), Port Mobility is proud to sponsor the 2nd edition of the Sea Boot Camp.
Do you have an innovative product or service for the Economy of the Sea? Join the second edition of the Sea Boot Camp, a 6-week period during which you will be supported in the definition of your product and service and in the communication of the competitive advantage of your proposal.
The initiative, promoted and devised by the Lazio Region together with Lazio Innova, enjoys the patronage and support of many institutions, including: the Italian Navy, National Council for Research, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, CCIAA Latina, Port System Authority of the Center-North Thyrrenean Sea, ITS - Fondazione Giovanni Caboto, Assonautica Acque interne Lazio e Tevere, Castalia Consorzio Stabile S.C.p.A., Research Center in Enviromental Studies and Biotechnology, d’Amico Società di Navigazione SpA, European Research Istitute Onlus, Fincantieri SpA, FLAG Mar Tirreno Pontino e isole ponziane, Grimaldi Group SpA, Invitalia SpA, Intergroup srl, Port Mobility SpA, Port Utilities SpA, Port of Sperlonga S.r.l., Sellalab, Ucina Confindustria Nautica, Unindustria and Sailbiz (media partner).
The new Notice of selection, is aimed at businesses and teams that have developed products and/or innovative services that can be applied in all those human activities that use the sea, the coasts and the seabed as resources for industrial activities and services.
The goal is to work in the adaptability of the product or service presented by the selected startups taking into account the advanced needs of economic activities operating in the sectors of the Economy of the Sea, as well as to improve the ability to better communicate the competitive advantage of the proposed solution, encourage the marketing and the enlargement of the market, facilitating the interaction with a consolidated entrepreneurial system.
Who can participate?
The Sea Boot Camp is aimed at startups set up not more than 60 months ago, informal teams and SMES with a new business idea to be launch using a spin-off.
Some of the solutions to apply:
- The monitoring and reduction of the environmental impact of the maritime transport system (vessels and infrastructures) and recreational boating;
- The development of enabling technologies or systems to increase the level of autonomy and digitalization of the means used to maritime transport and offshore platforms;
- The development of solutions for cooperative robotics and the relative sensors for inspections, maintenance and monitoring on board maritime means and platforms;
- The development of solutions for the eco-compatible exploitation of abiotic marine resources;
- The optimization of the management of infrastructures, interfaces and port procedures/operations;
- The development of new technologies for the observation and monitoring of maritime and sea space , including biological and other resources present in the deep waters and on the seabed;
- Data management and creation of services for the blue economy;
- The development of customized solutions and new technologies which allow to exploit renewable marine energies;
- The development of new concepts and protocols by private companies and maritime operators in order to optimize the use of infrastructure, ships and platforms for scientific, environmental and security purposes;
- New technologies, services, products and methods of flows management to develop and make the tourist sector sustainable and to promote the integration of coastal and inland tourism;
- New technologies, services, products, to develop and make sustainable and to maintain the living aquatic resources in order to maximize the efficiency and the social and economic benefits they generate;
- New technologies and systems for the reduction of pollution of the sea, for the collection and reuse of waste, especially the reduction of plastic materials on the beaches.
Participants will have the chance to win:
- Sea Boot Camp Award, worth €10,000;
- Plastic Free Beach Award, worth €5,000;
- Ucina Confindustria Nautica Special Award, to be a protagonist at the Genoa Boat Show;
- SailBiz Special Award, with a special interview.
In order to partecipate and have further information about the initiative, please visit the Lazio Innova official site.
Good luck everyone!