Long Weekends 2020: 8 Holidays to get a Month of Rest, Find out How2020 is the Year of the Long Weekends. Better get to know in advance all the holidays to plan your mini-breaks
In this 2020 it will be possible to organize a month of vacation, divided into long and pleasant weekends of relaxation, taking only 8 days off.
First of all, there is the Long Weekend of the Epiphany, in fact, the day of the "befana" falls on Monday. So if you take the 2 and the 3 of January oof, you can do 6 days of vacation.
After that, there are Easter and Easter Monday, that this year we will celebrate on the 12 and 13 April. Click here to discover some ideas to spend a nice weekend!
Right after, there is the 25th April, Liberation Day in Italy, that this year, unfortunately, falls on a Saturday. But nothing stops you from asking for an extra day off and get a mini break! Here are 5 ideas on what to do and where to go.
Then, there is the 1st of May, International Workers' Day, which falls on Friday. Instead, 2nd June bank Holiday (Festa della Repubblica) falls on a Tuesday. Both occasions are perfect to spend a few days out.
We are not so lucky, instead, with the 15th August and the 1st November that fall, respectively, Saturday and Sunday. But you can also do a short weekend, perhaps asking for an extra day off an visit, for example, the wonderful town of Gaeta and the lovely town of Tolfa or the wonderful village of Civita di Bagnoregio.
For a "perfect Long Weekend", you will have to wait until the 8th December which is a Tuesday and that allows to take well 4 days of holidays, before Christmas. A great opportunity to take a tour at the Christmas market! Here are 8 ideas for this Long Weekend...
Finally, there is Christmas, which in 2020 falls on a Friday, just as the 31st December: thus prolonging the weekend. Then why not visit one of the most beautiful cities in Italy, that is, Rome, which in this season is truly magical!
Here is the updated calendar with all the holidays in 2020:
- 1st January 2020 - Wednesday
- 6th January, Epifania - Monday
- Easter 2020 - Sunday 12th April
- Easter Monday - Monday 13th April
- 25th April 2020, Liberation Day in Italy - Saturday
- 1st May 2020, International Workers' Day - Friday
- 2nd June 2020, Festa della Repubblica - Tuesday
- 15th August 2020 - Saturday
- 1st November 2020, Tutti i santi - Sunday
- 8th December 2020, Immaculate Conception – Tuesday
- 25th December 2020, Christmas - Friday
- 26th December 2020, Boxing Day – Saturday
- 31st December 2020, New Year's Eve- Thursday
It doesn't matter if you have two, three or four days off, what matters is going on a nice trip!